Apple of My Eye

Kiana, my wonderful daughter, instantly became the apple of my eye. She was perfect from day one, absolutely beautiful. She is the biggest joy in my life. Kiana makes everyone laugh with her off-the-wall comments and silly humor. Unlike her brother, she's a bit shy. But once she's found her comfort zone, she loves to be in the mix of things.

The most endearing thing about Kiana is how much she loves her brother, Jordan. He is her best friend and she loves being around him, even when he's being a pain in the neck. Kiana also loves good food. I believe she has quite the gourmet palette for a nine-year old. Everything from sushi to ribeyes or from brocolli to zuccini. She loves it all, with the exception of fruit. Don't ask me why.

Having Kiana as my daughter has also been very humbling. She and I are so different, and I've come to realize I need to embrace and accomodate those differences. I often think I learn more from her than she from me. And that's the greatest thing about Kiana...she enriches everyone around her. I am very blessed to be her dad.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Real-Life Nutjob said...

*wipes eyes a little* That is really nice to hear a father say that about his daughter. I'll tell you this- knowing those few things about your daughter puts you ahead of some other dads out there, who can hardly remember what color eyes their children have.

Thank you for being a caring father. I'm sure both of your children appreciate you to death.