Women Read Into Things

Let me say up front that I love and respect women. But geeeessshhh. Women are complicated!!! Women have the wonderful ability to pick up on things that would go un-noticed by most even the most sensitive of men. And women process these observations and form opinions based on what they observe. The problem is that sometimes there is nothing beyond the surface. Particularly with men. Men are pretty simple and often transparent. But that won't stop a woman from forming an opinion anyway.

For example: If I pick up a piece of trash from the floor, I'm thinking, "This needs to be thrown out." On the other hand, a woman may think, " Why is he picking up trash? Does he think I don't clean well? Maybe he's a neat freak. Does he think I can't pick up my own trash? Maybe by picking up the trash, he thinks I'll owe him something later. Who is he to pick up my trash? Doesn't he respect my boundaries? Maybe I wanted that trash there. How dare he. Or, maybe he's just being nice. Oh, how wonderful. He'd make a great dad. I can see him changing the toilet paper roll. Let's see what he does next."

Oh well. Vive la difference!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say that GTO bruin has hit one of the genetic derailments of womankind right on the head! It is so true that a small gesture such as picking up something from someone's floor can turn into a true litany of "possible scenarios" in those of us of the female gender. Mind you I have met some men who have just as strong an imagination and get just as worked up about a small detail much to their chagrin.. . I guess we are all guilty in some small way or another of this particular behavioral characteristic.
Thanks for a little honest peek into the real world of misinterpretation GTO BRUIM - Love your site!!