Karaoke

Now come on. Admit it. We all like to sing when we're by ourselves, right? From singing in the car to humming at work, we all do it. I just take it to the next level. Not that my singing ability is at the next level...only my enthusiasm. I have hundreds of mp3 files of karaoke versions of popular songs. Along with downloaded lyrics, I'm all set. While not as elegant as the true karaoke with the words metered out on screen, it suits me fine. I can sing to my hearts content, secure from the certain embarassment I'd endure at a real karaoke club. At home, or on the road thanks to my iPod, I've got the ability to belt out really poor imitations of Elvis, Sinatra, Creed, U2 and many others who would be appalled at my effort. But since they're not around I'll continue indulging my singing fantasy.

Now I know I'm not the only one. As a matter of fact, I caught this bug from a friend at work who is way into this. Being a professional DJ, he's got the total studio set-up with thousands of songs. In addition, he has an incredible voice that would make even American Idols envious.

Of course,I've subjected others to this pathology. Some seem as inflicted as I am, getting into it with equal fervor. Others roll their eyes and probably plug their ears when I'm not looking. But unlike most men, or women for that matter, I'm proud to say "I love showtunes!"

No comments: