Just Wingin' It

Icarus, full of youthful arrogance and pride, ignored his fathers warnings and flew so high, that the sun melted his wings. Icarus fell into the sea and perished. Poor Icarus. But why am I writing about greek fables? Well, because we're supposed to learn from them. You see, Icarus could be my middle name. I've been that arrogant. I've flown that high. It's great when you're up there, but it is an awful long way to fall. And there were times I, too, thought I'd perish.

But unlike Icarus, I've had many angels come to my rescue. All of you know who you are. Each of you has breathed a little life back into me. You're even teaching me to fly again. I can't say I deserve it, but I hope to. With my new wings, perhaps I'll be an angel too.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Real-Life Nutjob said...

That's actually a really cool thing to say. I know I've had my share of unrequited angels; and I know, like yourself, that I hope that I can be an angel for others, too.

Note to Icarus: Use a staple gun next time! :)