Male Call

I just re-read my last post (below) and wow, do I sound a little light in the loafers. I kinda like the flow of the text so I won't edit it, but rather, I'm gonna provide some fair balance in this post. You see, I'm a self proclaimed renaissance man, and by definition, I have a broad variety of interests, including some very typically male pursuits. See for yourself.

Sports: Believe it or not, I'm a decent athelete. Growing up on the beaches of Los Angeles , volleyball was de rigeur, and for years, I competed in intramural and regional leagues. In college, I fenced saber for UCLA and even made all-state my last two years. Nowadays, I like catching sports on TV. While not a die-hard fan of any team in particular, I will go to a game or two.

Cars: Mobile sculpture. Art and science transporting society to the future. Man, I should be in marketing. Anyway, I love cars. You'll frequently find me meeting up with other car guys at local cruise-ins and auto-shows. And now, on TV there are so many shows dedicated to the motoring cogniscenti. Shows like Overhaulin', Rides, American Chopper, etc. Those are my reality shows. In fact, check out my other blog site where I highlight some of my favorite rides: http://drivinginstyle.blogspot.com/.

Women: Ah yes. The fairer sex. I'll explore this one further on future posts. Suffice it to say that there's a very healthy interest here...yes, very healthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike- you knew I would have to be analytical. I enjoyed the website. I found this part amusing. On one hand you want to embrace your feminine side and be ok with the metro sexual side and then you feel this need to make certain people know for certain you are straight. I believe we all have feminine and masculine qualities that have nothing to do with our gender. A nurturing male who wants to hug his male friend who is having a hard time isn't gay in my book. Why do open displays of affection towards the same sex have to mean sexual. In other cultures, there is a lot of same sex displays of affectionate in public and no one bats an eye or assumes they are gay. In American culture, a guy who dances well and cooks well may be perceived as effeminate while in many other cultures such as Asian or Italian it's the norm for a male to cook and dance well. You'd think with our exposure to so many different cultues and ideas we'd progress a be a little more open minded. Something to wonder about in our society-the mixing bowl. I say embrace both masculine and feminine qualities and enjoy being yourself.