Image Isn't Everything

Sometimes it takes someone to love you to realize you're worth loving. For years I tried to live up to an image I thought would be worthy of love. I built what seemed like an impressive resume of talents, accomplishments, status. Did all that effort get me the love I thought I deserved? Of course it did not. In fact Love ran away, leaving me feeling un-deserving, un-worthy - not to mention heartbroken. I'll spare you the sob story, only to tell you It Sucked.

As I picked up the pieces of my life, I picked up some life-lessons too. I learned that I had spent more energy trying to be loveable than loving. Now I make more of an effort to love those around me. I don't know if I'm closer to that image I had earnestly strived for. It doesn't really matter. Images aren't worthy of love. But now I am. Maybe even loveable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so introspect. It's humorous and it has heart. I've had all my friends read it. You really should write more often.