GTO - A Family Car

So you noticed my screen name "GTO Bruin." Let me explain. I'm very attached to my car. This is not an uncommon trait among men (or boys if you must point out the obvious). Of course, I'm not talking about basic transportation here. I'm talking classic American muscle spelled with only three letters G-T-O. For those of you who need to be enlightened (I promise the condescension will be short lived), back in the 60's, GM's Pontiac Division ushered in the muscle car era with the GTO. The year, 1964 marked the first year of the GTO and also marked the year my parents, Lana and Raymond, were married. That year, they purchased the black convertible which now graces my garage. In this car, I had my first car ride home from the hospital. So you see, it is much more that just a car. It is part of my family. Like all my family members, my GTO will be highlighted throughout my musings on this site. Check out more pics in the link section.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(My claim to fame) I rode in this car!!!
:)